How does one find responses to questions that the reality keeps spitting in ones face?
If what they say is true and (Hi)stories keep on repeating themselves, then maybe it’s by interrogating discourses, inherent in the (hyper-) / (hypo-)texts of certain timespaces, that we can find, if not the responses, at the very least, the right questions.
Hence, as a form of understanding the everyday and the now, I am trying to build a dialogue with spaces, buildings, objects, canonic spots on the map, all that bear forgotten or displaced meanings. A dialogue becomes an instrument to open up the (hi)stories of places and to re-accentuate them in a new context, in a new time.
In the dialogues that I am trying to pursue there are no opposing stances. There is no opposition between the wrong/inconsistent/incoherent and wise/omniscient/right – these dialogical situations emerge from the complexity of the meeting situation between multiple presents, numerous pasts and numberless futures.
Dialogue I : Piazza San Marco, Venezia / 09 May / 06.00 AM
– took place in San Marco square in Venice (IT), in front of the famous tourist attraction – the Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio).
Dialogue II : Campo di Ghetto Nuovo, Venezia / 12 May / 08.00 PM
– took place in the Square of the New Ghetto in Venice (IT), close to the funeral home and a memorial to the victims of deportations
Dialogue III : Calle Incurabili, Venezia / 14 May / 07.00 PM
– took place at the Calle degli Incurabili, near the former hospital called “Ospedale degli Incurabili”, which in XVI century Venice was admitting terminal – syphilis patients
Dialogue IV : Statua di Vittorio Emanuele II, Venezia / 18 May / 08.00 AM
– extended from the front of Palazzo Ducale (Duke’s Palace), through the Riva degli Schiavoni, up to the Vittorio Emanuele II statue
Dialogue V : Berlin Wall near the East Side Gallery, Berlin / 24 May / 08.00 AM
– extended along the Eastern side of the Berlin wall